Mutts on the Move knows how important it is for you to be comfortable with us looking after your pets so we invite you to read over our Security and Safety policies;
- We are fully insured with public liability insurance
- We hold current police checks
- In accordance with the National Privacy Laws, we will protect all personal information; there is no disclosure of this information to any third party.
- If access to your property is required you will need to provide us with a key. You may leave your key on file with us or it can be returned after your booking
- Your personal details, address and security information are stored in a separate location from your keys at all times. We will only have access to this information.
- Your keys are marked with a coding system and carried no identifying details.
- We must be advised of any person who has access to your home on the days of our visits.
- We ensure your property is left locked and secure when leaving.
- We will only visit and mind your dog/pet if your house/ garden has adequate security for them.
Animal Safety Policy
- We will carry your vets' details and two emergency contact numbers at all times when caring for your pets.
- We will ask you to complete a brief health questionnaire on our first consultation highlighting any known illness or allergies and any regular medication.
- All dogs must have a personal identification tag on their collar at ALL times. This may be either a council tag or an engraved tag with your mobile phone number.
- We do not use choker chains for walks. We will always discuss with you the most suitable way to walk your dog: harness/collar/halti etc.
- It is highly recommended that all dogs are registered with the local council and are micro chipped.
- Dogs will be provided with fresh water at all times, on walks and during car transportation.
- Our transportation is air conditioned.
- Dogs will be harnessed at all times during travel.
- Dogs will never be left unattended in cars or in our care.
- Dogs will always be walked on lead, or long lead (up to 7 metres) for jogs and runs.
- For reasons of safety we will not walk aggressive dogs, uncastrated male dogs or bitches in season.
- We will use positive reinforcement basic training.
- Mobile Phones are carried on all walks.
- We carry a pet First Aid Kit with us at all times whilst walking/transporting your dog.
- We are Pet first Aid trained and registered nurse.
- We will walk your dog in all weathers except during thunderstorms. If the day is going to be a scorcher we may cut the walk short depending on how your dog can cope with the heat. We will not walk your dog in extreme heat.
- We carry the following equipment with us in vehicles at all times:
Mobile phone/First Aid kit/ Pet Details sheet (emergency contact & vet contact details)/
Car harness (various sizes)/Portable water bowls and supply of water/Spare leads (various sizes up to 7 metre leads)/ Spare collars /Pet toys/ Treats & rewards/Dog Tidy Bags/Blankets &Towels.
(with thanks to Beth Eveleigh of DogWalkingMelbourne)